Continued increase in Insolvency Service of Ireland (ISI) activity levels
The ISI’s Quarter 4 Statistical Report for 2016 has been published on the 21st February 2017.
The last quarter of the year saw continued growth in activity levels.
Key Statistics for Quarter 4 2016 (compared to Q3)
- 25% increase in applications to 1,125.
- 23% increase in debt solutions to 491.
Key statistics for 2016 (compared to 2015)
- 64% increase in applications to 3,329.
- 7% increase in debt solutions to 1,807.
- Key statistics since the launch of the ISI
- ISI dealing with debt of over €6.5 billion.
- ISI has helped over 4,500 people [1,511 bankruptcy,1,526 PIA, 536 DSA, 936 DRN].
Commenting on the statistical report, Mr. Lorcan O’Connor, Director of the ISI, said that “The number of people availing of the debt solutions available through the ISI continues to grow. The number of applications has increased significantly since the launch of Abhaile, the State funded service for people in home mortgage arrears, under which borrowers can avail of a free consultation with a Personal Insolvency Practitioner”. Mr. O’Connor encouraged anyone with serious debt issues to consult a Personal Insolvency Practitioner or an Approved Intermediary